As a British/Finnish writer, I can translate a wide range of copy and content into English from Finnish. With a Masters in English literature and a proven track record as writer and editor, I see translation as an opportunity to consider branding, tone of voice, and cultural accuracy.
Living in the UK for the past 14 years means I am up-to-date with the British cultural and linguistic scene and I have translated a wide range of text for international markets.
- Finnish/English native speaker
- Bicultural and bilingual understanding
- Technical writer
- Project management/briefing in Finnish if required
- Access to a wide range of UK contacts
- Proofreader & editor (used to managing up to 10-20 writers at a time)
- Heavily invested in technology, the arts, and culture (both sides of the Baltic Sea)
- Proficient digital marketer (social media, SEO, WordPress etc).
Recent translation projects:
- ArchiFrame website from FI to EN: https://www.archiframe.fi/en/in-brief
- Timehouse Oy website from FI to EN: https://www.timehouse.fi/?lang=en
- Homo Sapiens English captioning for The Finnish National Theatre: https://kansallisteatteri.fi/content/uploads/2019/08/Sapiens-infopaketti-1.pdf
- Hitler ja blondi captioning for The Finnish National Theatre: https://kansallisteatteri.fi/esitys/hitler-ja-blondi/